Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Go Daddy Go!

Brad with 2 of His Biggest Fans

This past weekend Brad ran the Little Rock half marathon for the first time since 2006. The course had changed slightly over the past four years with the start and finish now at the Little Rock River Market rather than at the Capitol. I must say that from the perspective of a spectator, the Capitol was much better for watching and snapping photos of your favorite runner finishing the race but I digress. The other difference from four years ago is that Brad's fan club has grown from one to three. Emma was excited to get out on Saturday morning and say "Go Daddy Go!". She also practiced "Go Tucker Go!", which is the person that Brad was running with although by Sunday morning, she forgot about Tucker and was convinced that Mr. Hank (our neighbor) would be out on the course. Once she got out there though, I am not sure she knew what to think of all of the runners. She did yell "Go runners go" at one point although it was on the way between miles 6 and 8 and there were no runners around. On a side note, it certainly felt like I was running a half marathon too getting between those points with Josh strapped to me and Emma in the carseat but I have to say that the Ergo is so stinking comfortable and even after having my little chunk strapped to me for > 2 hrs, my back felt fine. I did finally get her to clap for the finishers while we were waiting for Daddy to cross the line. She was definitely excited every time she saw Daddy though. Poor Josh didn't get to see much of the race as he was facing me in the carrier but he was warm and comfy if nothing else. I'll speak for Josh and say that all three of us were very proud of Brad and enjoyed getting out and watching him run.

No comments: