Friday, December 10, 2010

Out of the Mouth of Emma

Emma had loaded up a little shopping cart with toys while at Brad's parents for Thanksgiving. Josh, of course, had to inspect everything which elicited the following comment:

"Josh, there's nothing you need in there".

Wonder where she has heard that one before? At least we knows she hears us even if she doesn't listen.

_________________________________________________________

During a typical meal, Emma will ignore the plate in front of her so she can focus on whether Josh is eating or not. On one such occasion, I told her that Josh has two parents she is not one of them to which she responded:

"But I change his diapers."

__________________________________________________________

As I have noted on here before, Emma loves music as does her little brother but I digress. Anyhow, this is not one particular statement but lately, she has been making up her own songs about everything.

"Mommy, I have a new song about _________. Do you want to hear it?"

The subjects of the songs range from dance class to baths to the day of the week. You name it and Emma will put it into verse. Josh loves every song she sings and will usually stop what he is doing so he can bop along.

_________________________________________________________

Unfortunately these examples cannot relay the true essence of Emma but at least they give a little glimpse!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of someone I know...I am curious to know if you recall my ability to make up songs about anything at all. I LIKE this quality of hers!
-Erica