Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Who Knew?

Emma tried prunes for the first time last night and to our surprise, they were as big a hit as the bananas were. For whatever reason, I had it in my head that prunes would not go over well even though both Brad and I like prunes. Well, our little bird would open her mouth as wide as it could go the second the spoon hit the bowl and if I didn't move fast enough, she would bang the tray of the high chair. After we had finished the initial bowl, I continued to feed her from the original package leaving the bowl on the tray. She picked up the bowl and put it to her mouth like she was going to lick the remaining prunes out of it. On another note, prunes have also probably been the messiest food to date. By the time she was done, Emma had prunes everywhere including in her hair. I will have to post a picture later. Somehow I also ended up with prunes all over my hands and some on my face; not sure how that happened. Most of the mess comes from the fact that Emma is so helpful when it comes to eating but I guess that is part of learning how to use her spoon.

No comments: