Thursday, May 26, 2011

Halfway to 4!


Emma is 3 1/2 today! First, "how did that happen?" and second, "how did that happen?" At 3 1/2, Emma is pretty convinced that she can do everything "by herself" and while there are a lot of things that she can do by herself, I am thankful that she still needs Mom and Dad from time to time. She is also is full and I mean, full of attitude, which often lands her in a bit of trouble. Overall though, Emma has a wonderfully big heart filled with love for her family, friends and teachers; is filled with loads of enthusiasm for every new adventure; and has the ability to use so many big words appropriately. We are still continually amazed by our big girl who also frequently uses the word "like" as every other word in a sentence. Two quick stories before I give you an interview with Emma at 3 1/2 years old.

- I am sure Brad could tell this one better as I am just retelling his story but I'll give it my best effort. One night (I think while I was in Korea) after Josh was in bed, Brad and Emma were talking about letters and came to the letter "J." Brad asked her what started with "J" and so it went. Somewhere along the way they came up with "Josh" and "Jesus" starting with "J." Emma then said something to the effect that "Josh starts with J and I call him J-Bubs and Jesus starts with J so I'll call him J-Bubs as well." Do you think Jesus has ever before been referred to as J-Bubs?

- Last weekend we were up at Uncle Dale and Aunt Michelle's house to celebrate Thomas's high school graduation (post to come). During the meal at noon on Sunday, cousin Madison was eating broccoli so Emma decided she should have some too. Mind you, she has tried a little before and immediately spit it out. Well, last weekend, she ate it up and asked for more. At some point later in the meal, she told me "I'm big now so I've decided that I like broccoli." Later that day, she also told me that she had decided to like the sound of rainfall.

And now, Emma's most recent interview with the same answers as the interview at 3 denoted by an asterisk.

What is your name? Emma*
How old are you? 3*
When is your birthday? Tobember June (getting closer to the month)
Where do you live? On Old Forge*
Who is your best friend? Libby & Annie
Who is your favorite friend (stuffed toy) to nap with? Froggy and Lovey, Lovey
What is your favorite thing to do with Mommy? Play games
What is your favorite thing to do with Daddy? Play games
What is your favorite thing to do with Josh? Play all over
What is your favorite thing to eat? Spaghetti* & ravioli & pizza
What is your favorite breakfast food? Bacon & cereal
What is your favorite fruit? Fruit cocktail
What do you like for a snack? Cheeze It's & goldfish & "s"marshmallows
What is your favorite treat? Smarties* & M&M's
What do you not like to eat? Yucky mud (I promise I have not been feeding her mud)
What is your favorite place to eat? The Purple Cow*
What is your favorite animal? Elephant & Duck
What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play in my playhouse & sandbox
What do you like to play with? Dress-up
What is your favorite toy? Tinkerbell playset
What do you like to watch? Dora & Mickey Mouse Clubhouse*
What is your favorite book? Dora & Amelia Bedilia & Fancy "D"ancy
What is your favorite song? "Jesus Loves Me"
What is your favorite Bible story? Noah & Jesus calms the storm
What is your favorite color? Pink & purple & yellow
What makes you scared? Thunder*
What makes you sad? If somebody does something wrong to me that hurts
What makes you happy? If someone doesn't do something bad to me
What is your favorite place to go? The Purple Cow*
What do you want to be when you grow up? Firegirl
What will you do in the summer? Go to the beach
What is your favorite game? Dora the Explorer Match Game
What makes you proud of yourself? Playing with my brother
What do you like to wear? Dora shirt
If you could have any pet, what would you choose? Not a moving turtle; a bunny rabbit

No comments: