Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Runner's World Thanksgiving Challenge

For the second year in a row, I completed the Runner's World Thanksgiving Challenge.  The idea is to run at least one mile every day from Thanksgiving until New Year's Day.  Last year, the weather was pretty cooperative up until the last few days when the storm came in on Christmas Day bringing us snow and no power for one week.  Thankfully, between the treadmill at the hotel and Brad's parents, I finished out the challenge.  This year, the weather tried to throw a monkey wrench into my plans much earlier on with the ice but even if it was more of a walk than a run, I got the distance in and kept the streak going.  I actually started this year two days before Thanksgiving and kept going after New Year's.  I had intended to go to 50 days but on day 41, we had rain coupled with cold so I called it at 40.  Doing this challenge the past years has definitely been a great motivation for getting out on days that I would normally sit it out and it may have actually made me a little more tolerant of running the cold.

No comments: