Friday, April 23, 2010

Still No Photos but Funny

I mentioned in the previous post that Emma hates when her brother cries and will try to console him and tell him that she loves him. She talks to him all the time and has the cutest little voice when she is asking him a question or telling him about something that she has done, is doing, etc... She has also taken to repeating things that are said to her when she is doing something wrong.

Example #1

Josh has a major thing for hair. It doesn't matter whose it is, if a head full (obviously Brad is exempt!) of hair comes within his little grasp, be prepared. After he grabs hold, Emma can be heard to say "No, no Josh, don't pull _____'s hair". I'll admit that the "no, no" is probably my doing as usually I catch Emma right as she is about to say, stand on top of the sit and spin that clearly is not meant to hold her or climb up onto the kitchen table and I need her to stop in her tracks.

Example #2

This just started a couple of days ago and I think she must have picked this up at daycare. On one occasion, Emma took a kick from Josh as she got right up next to him and his legs just go so it wasn't on purpose. However, Emma looked at him and asks "Why Josh, why?". She did this again after he pulled my hair the other night; "Why Josh, why?". It cracked me up when she asked him that and I am not sure the context in which she is learning it but we haven't had any notes home so I have to assume that it is harmless.

Funny how a two year old can teach you a lot about your own behavior!

1 comment:

MaryBeth said...

So funny... and yes, they are little mirrors!! Why, Josh, why?? totally cracks me up!