Thursday, July 29, 2010

Emma & Dora

There are two things that Emma really likes to watch on TV when given the chance. Number one is Sesame Street and especially the episode "Telly's New Shoes" with Neil Patrick Harris. I am not exaggerating when I say that we've have probably seen that episode 100 times but I digress. Number two is Dora the Explorer. I'm not sure if I mentioned on here but a couple of weeks ago, Emma, myself, Emma's friend Libby and Libby's Mom Kacy went to see Nickelodeon's Storytime Live. The girls had a big time; they danced, they sang and Dora was definitely the crowd favorite. That following weekend, a new toy store had its grand opening with special guests, Dora and Elmo. Emma and I made a trip to the store so we could see Dora. When we arrived, there was no Dora or Elmo to be found as we apparently came at break time. Brian and Terri Kinder, a local group known as Kindersongs, were playing so we shopped a little, played a little and danced a little. Finally, we gathered up a few items, paid and were ready to head out when I heard that Dora was going to be out in about 5 minutes. Being as Dora was the reason that we had come down to begin with, we had to stay and I was not disappointed in Emma's reaction. She was not shy or scared at all. In fact, as soon as Dora came out, Emma was quick to give hugs and must have hugged Dora at least 4 or 5 times. I think she was awestruck and would have kept snuggling up to Dora except that I told her it was time to go so some other children could meet Dora. With that, Emma blew her a goodbye kiss. I never did mention that Elmo was there as well or we would have been there even longer.


No comments: