Monday, February 7, 2011

Bracing Ourselves!

There is another forecast of snow for this week and it may amount to 4-6 inches, which basically means that the city will be shut down for months or until this weekend when we get back into the 50's. I am hopeful that this is the last blast of winter weather because I am over using vacation days due to less than an inch of snow on the ground. Enough complaints about the weather; the real reason I gathered us here today is to recap a couple of moments from this weekend.

- Josh appears to have learned the color blue. Several times yesterday and this morning, he would pick up or point to something that was blue and say "boo". Coincidence, I think not!

- After Green Bay scored a touchdown at one point last night, I said "Josh, touchdown" and put my arms in the air. At this point, he also put his arms up and then basically flung himself to the ground. Since he was smiling, it appeared that this was on purpose so I tried it again and got the same result. He is a bruiser!

- Yesterday afternoon, Emma was demonstrating her jumping skills to me and after one jump, she must have thought she got pretty high in the air because she said "I thought I was going to jump to heaven with Jesus".

- Finally, Brad filled the bird feeder this weekend but unfortunately our number on visitor has been a squirrel. Emma loves being on squirrel patrol and when he arrives, runs over, bangs on the door and yells "No, no, no!" in a definite squirrel frightening away voice.

- Since cold and cough remedies are out for the younger set, Emma gets honey to soothe her cough and she LIKES honey. Last night, she told us she needed some honey to which I responded that she really didn't have a cough anymore. At this point, she gives a fake little cough and in the most pitiful voice says "but I'm coughing". She still didn't get the honey; guess she needs to work on the acting skills a bit!

1 comment:

Grandma said...

I love the recaps. Emma and Josh are so amusing, and entertaining with their showmanship. (and a wee bit of hamming) What delights they are.