Tuesday, February 22, 2011

More Comments from Emma

Emma makes us laugh so much with the things she says and the words she uses. For instance, the other day, she found one of her Valentine's Day cookies from a friend at school sitting on the counter and then proceeded to tell me later "I noticed that cookie but I'm not going to eat it now." I am not sure what I was more impressed by, the use of the word "noticed" or the fact that she didn't beg for the cookie. Anyhow, here are a few more comments from Emma that I want to preserve for future generations whether she likes it or not and whether they like it or not!

- Emma loves to play games (mostly games that she has made up). The other night, she was passing out game pieces to Brad and I and told us "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit". That one can be attributed to her teacher, Mrs. Michelle.

- On the way home from the grocery store the other day, she started talking about computers and told me "I call a computer, a puner; I'm just being silly."

- "When I was little before Bubby was here, I used to yell 'Bubby, where are you?'. I always wanted a Bubby named Josh." *Note - This certainly never happened before Josh was born but I am so happy that she loves her little brother so much.

- A couple of weeks ago, she wanted me to stay with her when it was time for bed. I told her that I wasn't going to stay and she responded "but I very love you" (I still didn't stay).

- We toured a potential school last week; it was a school that I had taken Emma to in the fall to see the musical Seussical, which I thought she had enjoyed. I guess she didn't really care for the musical because she told Brad the other night when he was tucking her in "Tell Mommy I really liked the new school but I don't want to go see the elephant play again because I didn't like when the monkeys came out." The next afternoon, I asked her about the play; she turned to Brad and said "TELL MOMMY I DON'T WANT TO GO TO SEE HORTON AGAIN." The tone was along the lines of, I already gave you this message to deliver; why didn't you tell her?

In closing, just in case you weren't certain, it is a rhino-oceros and not a rhinoceros.

1 comment:

Grandma said...

What a little crack up! Good you are keeping Emma's words for prosperity.