Thursday, February 11, 2010

It's Me, It's Me!

Yes, it's me, I am still here but I have to tell you, I am one tired mommy right now. A little sick boy means a lack of sleep for this mom and me being tired has led to me being lazy and me being lazy has led to me being neglectful of this blog at least. There you have it, my excuse! No pictures today although I promise, there are new ones of both little darlings. Instead, I'll just steal from Mary Beth and post a few things that I have heard lately.

From Emma:

The other day, Emma was helping me put clothes into the dryer. She was busy with one pile and looked up to see that I had another pile in my arms. She looked up at me and said "Hang on".

Yesterday on the way home from daycare with Brad, Emma was running through her song list. After she finished up, she said to Brad "What's next?".

This morning I asked if she wanted to get dressed first or if Josh should go first. She decided that Josh should go first so I got him dressed and after I was done, she said "Josh is pretty" (Daddy quickly corrected her that Josh is handsome, no pretty). She also told me that she was pretty after she got on her dress for church last Sunday.

When Emma leaves the room for a minute to go grab something, she'll look at you, point her little finger and say "Right back".

Whenever it is time for breakfast, lunch, dinner, bath, bed, you name it, Emma tries to defer by saying "Play a little bit?".

Not that any of these do her the proper justice as written, but they are just so funny coming out of her little 2 year old self!

From Josh:

"Dada". Of course, he was sickly and crying and not actually using it in context but it was clear as day and heard by both Brad and I.

1 comment:

MaryBeth said...

I'm sorry to hear that Josh has been sick!! Emma is one smart cookie... I love reading about all the funny things she says.