Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Interview with Emma at Three Years Old


I reinterviewed Emma with the same questions I posed to her at 2 1/2 years old on the way home from Missouri the other day. You can see her previous answers here. She was consistent in some of her answers, which you can tell by the one's that are marked with an asterisk. Let me also say that a few of the answers were definitely influenced by her immediate surroundings such as "What do you like to wear?". After I interviewed her, she spent a good bit of time interviewing Brad and I. She even had to borrow my paper so she could act like she was reading the questions and recording the answers like I had done. Without further ado, here is the Q&A. The comments in parentheses are mine.

What is your name? Emma
How old are you? 3
When is your birthday? 1/2 and it will be my birthday; I have to wait another hour and it will be my birthday. (What? Seriously, what?)
Where do you live? On Old Forge*
Who is your best friend? Libby*
Who is your favorite friend (stuffed toy) to nap with? Dora
What is your favorite thing to do with Mommy? Go outside and play
What is your favorite thing to do with Daddy? Go outside and play too
What is your favorite thing to do with Josh? Help him (or boss him)
What is your favorite thing to eat? Spaghetti
What is your favorite breakfast food? Life Cereal (I would argue donuts)
What is your favorite fruit? Pineapple
What do you like for a snack? Fruit Snacks*
What is your favorite treat? Smarties
What do you not like to eat? I don't know*
What is your favorite place to eat? The Purple Cow*
What is your favorite animal? Cows
What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play with my basketball
What do you like to play with? Tea Party
What is your favorite toy? My tea pot
What do you like to watch? Dora & Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
What is your favorite book? Goodnight Moon
What is your favorite song? "Mary Had a Little Lamb"
What is your favorite Bible story? The story about Mary & Martha
What is your favorite color? Green*
What makes you scared? The thunder*
What makes you sad? If there's thunder and nobody is back in my room
What makes you happy? My Mom & Dad
What is your favorite place to go? The Purple Cow*
What do you want to be when you grow up? A humidifier (Again, what?)
What will you do in the summer? Swimming
What is your favorite game? Crazy 8's
What makes you proud of yourself? Jumping High
What do you like to wear? Red comfy pants
If you could have any pet, what would you choose? Guinea Pig (not sure that she has ever seen one)

No comments: