Thursday, March 12, 2009

Follow-up and a Video

Just as a follow-up to yesterday's Wordless Wednesday, Junior (not in homage to Linda and Chad's cat) as we refer to Emma's brother or sister is due on September 11th. My most recent visit to the doctor was on Monday, which was pretty much just to check the heartbeat and I had blood drawn for the routine work-up. The nurse practitioner had no problem finding the heartbeat, which was a strong 165. I was sad when I went down for my blood draw though because the technician who worked there during my pregnancy with Emma was gone and she was so good. I never felt a thing. While the new girl was nice, every time she would switch vials, she would shove the needle further into my arm. I just had to grin and bear it. I will go back next in six weeks for the ultrasound and unless we change our minds between now and then, we are going to find out who is on the way this time around. While it was great being surprised with Emma, this time we just want to be able to prepare a little more since we do have Emma to chase around as well. I guess that I'll need to start getting some belly shots before too long.

Here is a short clip of Emma walking Bailey around at Grandma and Grandpa's last weekend. As I noted on Monday, she had a ball taking poor Bailey around.


1 comment:

Linda Alyce said...

Junior says he can share the name. He is snappy dresser, always in a tuxedo so there are worse names.