Thursday, April 30, 2009

New Swimsuit and Tidbits

While I was off being pampered last weekend, Brad and Emma had a talk and decided that it was time to get her a new bathing suit and pool in anticipation of the warm weather. I tried to get her to model her swimsuit. Here are a few of the results of my efforts.




Lately Emma would rather play at mealtimes rather than eat UNLESS you give her a big person fork. Apparently the toddler utensils just aren't cutting it anymore. However, if I give her a big fork, I can usually get her to eat.

This week we have also had to take her baby with her every time we go anywhere. We also have to have a sippy cup with us because baby gets very thirsty so Emma is always trying to give her milk or water. It is too cute. She is going to be a big helper with Junior!

You may recall a couple of weeks ago that Emma was holding hands with her friend Charlie while we were walking at the park. Well, she ramped it up a notch yesterday with little Collin at daycare. She gave him not one but two kisses as we were getting ready to leave. He was definitely a willing participant both times. Brad may be in trouble with this little girl!

Finally, I think that I heard the word "no" for the first time this morning. The first time was in response to me asking if she wanted more breakfast so it fit. I can't remember exactly what was happening the second time but it was definitely more of a "I'm just being cantankerous" no. I guess that word was going to creep into her vocabulary sooner or later.

Brad is back tomorrow evening and barring any flight delays should actually get to be home before Emma goes to bed. Yippee!

No comments: