Monday, February 27, 2012

President's Day Weekend

We got a visit from PaPa and MeMa over President's Day weekend. The week leading up to their visit, it was pretty much all they could talk about. In fact, their upcoming visit prevented Emma from being able to take a nap at school. Now if you'll buy that, I've got some ocean front property in Arizona to sell you. Anyhow, I digress. They had just arrived when we got home Friday night and I think Emma and Josh would have busted through the restraints on their carseats if possible. That night, MeMa sang songs with Josh and played his guitar; he was definitely MeMa's boy the entire weekend after that. The weather wasn't the best on Saturday so we hung around the house before the kids and I headed off to Anna Banana's 2nd birthday party. The following morning I was off bright and early to catch a flight to San Francisco for a conference so I missed the rest of the visit but from the sounds of it and the photos, I think everybody had a great time.

Sunday afternoon, they took a trip down to the river to the newish Two Rivers Bridge. On the way over the bridge, Emma spotted a turtle and was so excited to tell me about it on the phone. On the other side of the bridge is a great big grassy area and from what I hear, they wore themselves out running around. The next day was beautiful as well so they headed outside where both Emma and Josh demonstrated their ability to hit a ball off a tee. Now, the question is where do I find some girl's softball in Little Rock. Again, I digress. To end out the fun weekend with PaPa and MeMa, they went out to eat at the Purple Cow and must have eaten well because both kids got some purple ice cream for dessert. I think it is safe to say they had lots of fun and cannot wait to see PaPa and MeMa again. In fact, after I got home Tuesday evening, Josh gave me about 10 minutes and then he was looking for Grandma. We hope to see them again soon!







No comments: